Pages

Thursday, June 28, 2012

~Fairies~

Random Thought Thursdays are here! What will you find on The Butterflies Attic every Thursday? A random picture, quote, idea, meme, video or anything else I find that I want to share! :P
Today I am posting an original art piece I made using Gimp and some fantastic brushes:




The largest fairy is a clip art from google, the brushes are listed below. 
This picture started when my brother asked me about art programs on the computer, I showed him GIMP but realized that the majority of my brushes were lost when my last computer crashed. I then went about searching deviantart.com to find some of the brushes I had fallen in love with before... I ended up finding a lot of them, and found a TON of new brushes as well. I adored the grass brushes and knew I wanted to use them in the picture I was making. I was inspired and decided to search for fairies in google for a starting point. I found the fairy in the foreground and the rest of the picture started to come to me. 
I had a blast making this and surprisingly it didn't take to long! I will probably be making more fun gimp projects in the future, but for now I have to go back and finish my little sewn horse! She will be making an appearance this weekend here so check back :D
Enjoy!

Like the brushes you see here, well you can download them too!
Fairy brushes: click here
Dead tree brushes: click me
Grass brush: click this one
I am not sure where the clouds and water overlay brushes came from, I am going to try to find out who made them, feel free to search deviontart for them as well! There are some amazing brushes on that site!

No comments:

Post a Comment