Pages

Monday, October 1, 2012

NPM: Crochet Ball Jointed Doll

So lately I have been obsessed with my new ball jointed dolls or bjd's while I was waiting for my first two bjd's to arrive I found this amazing crochet pattern here: http://byhookbyhand.blogspot.com/search/label/Bleuette (you have to look on the left side of the page and click on "Crochet Bleuette doll Pattern" it is a PDF that you download. Well it took me forever mostly because I was waiting on safety eyes for her. But she is finally done, er well she's missing hair, and some clothes o_0 but her clothing is cut and waiting for me to sew and I have some wig stuff to make her a cute wig. But I have been wanting to show you guys her for so long I couldn't wait anymore!
Without further ado I present Penelope
Here Penelope is chillin' on my shoulder, she's so stinkin cute even without her hair x)

Autumn has been so excited about her new wig (I made her wig myself! Keep in mind I haven't styled it yet... lots of wand orders on my etsy shop have been keeping me busy! Oh I also made her dress :D) that she couldn't wait to show it off to Penelope

Poor Lucy-loo she has no wig either :( her hair is sitting on my desk chair waiting for me to have time to weft it!) She wanted to meet Penelope (also Autumn's wig is all out of wack here o_0)

my two baldie-beans wanted a picture together. Lucy loves her new pal Penelope!

Penelope is based off a Bleuette ball jointed doll and as such her pattern give her 'joints' that you can sew with strong clear thread- it mentions it in the pattern. But I didn't want to do that, so I whip stitched her together, I found that if I didn't make it too tight (like her shoulders) she can still move, so Penelope might not be striking and crazy poses but she can wave and all that. So I'm happy! Her eyes are smaller (size 8) the pattern calls for 9's but I didn't have any... Her checks color is actually from a neon pink crayon that I rubbed over and over until it was the right shade. It's hard to see in some pictures but it's amazing in person!
I will upload pictures of her with her wig when it's done!
I may try my hand at making a smaller version of her at some point!

New stuff coming to my etsy shop soon! Be sure to check it out :D
Thanks for reading to the end <3


No comments:

Post a Comment