Pages

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Tough Mudder 2012

I don't even know where to begin. On October 26th James and I participated in the 2012 Tough Mudder event at Raceway Park. It was amazing, and tiring and painful and a TON of fun!! We took a little over 4 hours to complete the course (which is pretty awesome considering I was still getting over being sick, and was horribly under prepared for the grueling task the course presented!) 
It was tiresome and I honestly don't think I would have finished it if it wasn't for James being there to push me on. But I must be honest, running across that finish line hand in hand was one of the most amazing things I have ever experienced! We both looked at each other and could tell that if we were able to take this thing on and finish it together there is nothing in this world that we can't overcome with each other.

Of course after almost 2 years together we already knew that. Our relationship is not easy, James' jobs are demanding and we are often separated for extended periods of time. But we have something a lot of people don't have, and that's humor, and the ability to find the beauty in everyday moments. We can laugh together and we can cry together, I know he is always there for me and he knows I always have his back. We have similar interests but are different in a lot of ways too. He completes me in more ways then I can express and this event just proved to us both that we have what it takes to make it in a world where a lot of couples don't.

ANYWAY, enough of the romantic stuff :P I wanted to share a few pictures that we have from the event! It was so much fun! 

Before we started! Our team name was "Team ArmyBallerina" James is in the army, has been since he was 18. I have danced since I was 2! When we needed a team name he thought of that lol. So I wore his Army shirt and a tutu (which I wore the whole time, and it must have weighted 10 pounds by the end!), and he wore one of my mom's dance studio shirts and army shorts. 

Exciting!! Going up to the starting line!!
This was us less than 2 miles into the event!! We are mud soaked and cold, but SO excited!
This was the first electro-shock therapy event, crawling through muddy water with live wires hanging down! I skipped this one, but James is crazy so he did it :P

Oh we left that a LONG time ago

As we were walking like this a lady behind us said she wished she had a camera so she could take a picture of us. We had gotten a water proof camera to take with us throughout the event, so I gave her mine and she snapped this shot. I love this so much!

She also took this one for us, I love the guy photobombing on the left. He even yelled "photobomb!!" as he ran into the frame lol. Everyone was so nice and helpful throughout the event :D
Yay! We finished! Got our tough mudder headbands and t-shirts!


Well thanks for checking this out guys! I am posting a new project in a few days. Sorry I haven't been posting as much, took my NCE's and had a bunch of projects due... That masters degree is in sight though! And then we had the hurricane the last few days so I wasn't really thinking about blogging x) 
But I'm back and better than before :P

Anyways, thanks for reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment