Pages

Thursday, September 6, 2012

RTT: Harriets Travels Part One

So I originally wanted to start posting Harriet's travel pictures earlier this week, but life got in the way :( so I figured that I would post some of them today as my other random thought was going to be a bit of a rant about boring things. SO without further ado Harriet's trip to Canada:

Harriet checks out the view of Quebec from our hotel window. Such a pretty city!!




<-- Harriet poses with a sheep outside one of the awesome wool stores. "Hey I'm made from your wool!!"

Below Harriet tries one of the hand made socks on for size... Looks too big!

 
Harriet and I walk around Quebec city. The picture on the left is the Hotel de Frontenac, where we stayed while we visited. It looks a bit like Hogwarts don't you think?! The picture on the right is actually a mural, not a real building. It's amazing to see in person, Harriet wants to live in the building with the green roof on the right!



Harriet and I thought it was funny how they wrote the gas prices! On the right we pose with a Canadian bear mountie! Eh?
We ate out at a restaurant in the lower city, I forget the name of it (and can't seem to find it on google) but the whole place was done up in zebra print (if anyone knows please let me know!) The food was amazing but Harriet preferred the mints!







 No Harriet don't open the bottled water!!! Harriet makes a long distance phone call on a modernized pay phone (it had a place to insert a credit card!)

Harriet enjoyed the poofy pillows on the beds at the Frontenac



Harriet and I pose at a scenic spot overlooking the water. Harriet made some new friends in one of the shops "Please can't we take it home!?"
























 Harriet checks out a cannon ball that has been stuck in this tree for decades. It was fired at some point during a battle when Canada protected Quebec from British troops. Amazingly the tree grew around the cannon ball and is still alive today, and let me tell you it is HUGE. I found the fire hydrants here to be cute, Harriet posed with this little red and yellow one.


Harriet checks out some of the shops in the Lower City, they're so quaint :) Harriet takes a break from all her walking to sit on the steps of Notre-Dame-des-Victoires, a beautiful church that dates back to 1723!! 
 On our last day we decided to order room service, Harriet was SO impressed by all the yummy food! She loved how the chocolate was shaped like a castle, just like the hotel. But Harriet is a girl after my own heart, her favorite breakfast food was croissants (below)! YUM!



Hope you enjoyed the pictures, the trip was amazing!! I'll post some more vacation pictures of Harriet ASAP!
Until then!
~Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment