Pages

Monday, September 3, 2012

NPM: Finally Felted!

Bonjour all!
As I mentioned I had been on vacation the last week and a half. We visited Quebec Canada and our wonderful timeshare in Smugglers Notch Vermont. It is literally my favorite place in the world!! Harriet did come with me and I have a TON of pictures to share with you all! But I'll get to those later this week since today is New Project Monday. While we were in Smuggs  we picked up a schedule of things planned for the week and to my delight there was a felting class!! As I have mentioned before, felting is the one thing I was never able to figure out on my own. (I now realize that my supplies I used were partially to blame for that!) so I signed up for the class. It was taught by Annette Hansen who you can find here, and here she is great and was so helpful!! It was SUCH a blast! I learned so much and at the end of the hour I had created my first felted friend. A small owl!
Before we started Harriet got to meet a number of critters that Annette has made, here she is posing with some of her new friends!

Harriet was excited about learning how to felt as well. Here she helps me make the shape of my owl. Then we went to pick some colors to felt over the frame: 

Here is my owl now with a layer of soft turquoise felt and cute little eyes. I love how they look on him!

Here Harriet poses with her finished new friend, aren't they adorable!!

Hanging back at the room together!

I picked up a starter kit and a bunch of fleece, I am having such a blast with this and will absolutely be making more felted items! 
I should be posting the first installment of Harriet's vacation pictures tomorrow!!
Hope you have all been enjoying your summer breaks!

~Megan~

No comments:

Post a Comment