Pages

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Harry Potter Wand Sold :D

Hey there everyone
So a little while back I had someone buy one of my Harry Potter inspired wands on Etsy. She just sent me an email saying that she got the wand today and will be giving it to the recipient on Thursday :D I wanted to share some of the pictures I took of the wand before I mailed it, because well I thought it looked pretty amazing!! First here is the message I got with the order: Hello! I love the look of these wands and my friendis 18 soon and a BIG fan of harry potter! Her favorite colour is red and her favorite house is Griffindoor so i was wondering if the colours could be red and Gold? also if the centre could dragon heart string mixed with a pheonix feather. I'm not too fussed on the wood type. Do you know the wood type of a great griffindoor's wand or the elderwand? I'm not a genius when it comes to harry potter but my friend loves the books etc. so i'll leave the initail design of the wand up to you (plus you'll have more of an idea!!) Thankyou in advance, sorry for the long comment!  <3 

So I got started on making a Gryffindor styled wand! This was the end result!


I heard from Becky again today: 
OMG i got it today! It's brilliant! I'm too scared to open it to see what it looks like because i'm awful at rapping so it wouldn't look as pretty! Thankyou for the little extra, you're a star! 
You're the best person i've bought from, from Etsy!I'm seeing her on Thursday so i will let you know her reaction (and mine!!)Thankyou so much again!!
Needless to say her reaction made my day and I HAD to share it with you all! :D


Unfortunately it is hard to tell from these pictures that the wand itself is sort of a burnt cranberry red and the handle is a sparkling golden copper color, I didn't notice until after the wand was already mailed! Maybe Becky will take a few more pictures when she opens it :D
Anyway if you want your own custom wand check out my listings on etsy!
Thanks for checking it out :D
~Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment