Pages

Thursday, August 9, 2012

RTT: Salute to our Troops

So today is a sad day, it is the day before my 25th birthday (YAY!) but also the day I say goodbye to my boyfriend while he's at Sergeant school for the next two weeks :( only to come home when I leave for vacation, and of course (as of right now) his work won't let him come with me :'( But this got me thinking about our soldiers and how important they are, so I figured I'd share some of my photos and thoughts that accompany them.
Before the pictures though, I want to put this link here for my etsy store where I'm selling "Turtles for Troops" for each camo colored turtle sold a portion of the proceeds go to the wounded warrior project!

Ok so these might seem sappy, or sentimental to some people, but I wanted to show that our soldiers, specifically my soldier James are incredibly kind and fun, and while I didn't want an army boy, after 1 year and 4 months, I wouldn't want anything else. They often say that the people who stay back at home have the harder job, not knowing what is happening to the ones we love. I never understood that SO clearly as I do now. I love and respect James, and all our armed forces, for doing what they do. It's because of them we have the freedom and safety so many take for granted!
Ok enough mushy soldier girlfriend rand... here we go! Some fun, some serious, but all a glimpse into the life of me and my soldier.
<--This is the background of my countdown on my iPhone for how many days until James is out of the Army todays count: 801 days!                


This one is on his-->
parent's fridge, it was taken when he was in basic training 6 years ago!





 <-- this was taken bright and early one morning when he had to go help with rescue efforts after hurricane Irene. (James is Army National Guard)


James may yell at-->
me for this picture :P but this was the first time we saw each other after last years 2 week drill :D (he was excited for homemade food as you can see :P




these are both from James' army ball this past December, I think we clean up pretty nice ;) it was a fun event and James received a service medal, a nice surprise for us both!














<-- Working drill weekends



The welcome -->
home he gets when he come back. That's my Lab/Pit/Boxer mix Cooper smothering his buddy in kisses :) love this picture!!





and all of these, well these were taken today before he had to leave for two weeks.
Cooper loves James more than I can explain, he kisses him, and jumps all over the place when he comes over, I think he thinks he is only at the house to visit him!!

This is our newest member of the family Sadie, who like Cooper thinks that James is only there to pet her. What a sweet pic!
James is bringing Hank to school with him, we took a special Hank/Harriet/James/Megan photo today, that I'll post another time though :) Here Coop checks out Hank

I love his smile, more than I can express, this was just before he left, I made him stop and smile, something he doesn't do often in uniform for a purposeful picture

<3 just nothing but love for this boy

Seriously thinking about printing this one out for my wallet. What many would take for a peace sign is actually a way that my family and I tell one another we love them, something my mom and I started when we would dance, because we couldn't yell across the wings. James has adopted this as well, and is a gesture that always makes me smile. This to me is my soldier.
So when you think about our freedoms we are blessed with, remember those who protect us. I would love to hear other soldier stories or pictures that mean something to you all.

Thanks for reading my ramble, more Harriet/Hank photos tomorrow (and birthday stuffs too!!!)
~Megan~

No comments:

Post a Comment