Pages

Thursday, August 2, 2012

RTT: Butterflies

So as you can probably tell I have a very strong love of butterflies. I always have! My grandmother used to love butterflies and I remember going to her house and watching the butterflies fly around all the flowers she planted. Her favorite were Monarch butterflies, me I don't have a favorite per say, I find all butterflies to be beautiful.
Anyway the other day we went to the local community college to see a production of Bye Bye Birdie. On our way in a family friend pointed out a butterfly that she had seen fall from a tree, it was sitting on the ground by the parking lot. Without a second thought I went over and placed my finger near it, sure enough it climbed onto my hand and hung out for about 20 minutes! I always have a camera (whether on my phone, or my SLR so I hand my phone to my boyfriend so he could snap a few pics! I figured I would share those, and some of my other favorite butterfly pictures with you today for my random thought thursday :)

Here he is chilling in a dangerous place!

Aww so tiny!! I love the pale yellow color and little spots!


Bringing him to a safe place far away from stomping feet!

This was a butterfly who was in our yard the other day, just relaxing in the grass, he posed for quite a few pictures before taking off again!

I love the pattern on this one!

A lot of the things I do involve butterflies somehow, this blog, my etsy shop, even my YouTube username (flutteralways) It's a small way to remember the wonderful woman who inspired my love of butterflies :)
Hope you enjoyed my pictures!
I have a few other pictures from butterfly gardens and disney's butterfly exhibit but my iPhoto is sooooo cluttered right now and I have no idea where they are! I'll find them in a bit and upload them when I can!
New Hank and Harriet tomorrow :D



Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/ButterflyAttic

No comments:

Post a Comment