Pages

Monday, August 20, 2012

NPM: Pachirisu Crochet

So it's that time of the week again, new project monday! I had been given this pattern by a friend and asked if I could make it for her mom for her birthday. Unfortunately I got her birthday wrong and thought it was this last Friday, but it was actually last Wednesday. I have to go bring this late gift to her ASAP! But I thought I would share the project with you all!

As you may notice Pachirisu doesn't have a mouth yet, I'm not 100% sure what I wanted to do for it's mouth and have been playing around with a bunch of different ideas, but for now he's a quiet little guy :P I was given this pattern already printed out, but was able to find the pattern again here. He is actually REALLY large. You can't tell by the pictures, but he measures about 8.5 inches tall!! I wasn't expecting that!!
Anyway, here is my version of Pachirisu :) Enjoy (and Happy Birthday Mrs. Sullivan!!)
 

The only complaint I have with this pattern is that his tail is VERY heavy and doesn't stand up quite as nicely as the pictures in the pattern show. Maybe I did something wrong, I will say this, the pattern is written VERY well and is easy to follow and complete. I learned quite a few tricks while using this pattern for my own Avatar/Harry Potter patterns that I'm working on!!

 

I love the little arms, and the way the tail stripe and head stripe meet up perfectly!! 

I find his face adorable lol, and I am proud of how neat my crochet looks on film (and in person!) hard to believe I just taught myself to crochet a few short weeks ago!!

I am about halfway through another pattern, and am about 25% finished with my first pattern (I hope!) I have to see how it all meshes together!! But for now, practice makes perfect!!
Just so you know, there will not be a New Project Monday next week as I am going to be on vacation! YAY! But if you want to keep up with what I'm working on/doing while away check me out on twitter: https://twitter.com/ButterflyAttic
Harriet is coming with me on vacation, I'll post pictures on twitter of the adventure's she is having!

<3 Megan

Check out my Storenvy shop and my Etsy shop :D

No comments:

Post a Comment