Pages

Monday, August 6, 2012

NPM: American Girl Doll Outfit!

So it's time for another New Project Monday, and today's project I am super excited about! I finally got back on my sewing machine and made a wonderful outfit for my American Girl doll! The patterns I used were from Simplicity 0380 which I can't seem to find on the Simplicity website anymore, but here is a google search of the pattern! 
I got creative and combined two outfits to make this one, the skirt is from "A" "B" "C" and the top is from "G" and "F". 
I made the skirt first and when I finished realized I didn't have anything for my doll to wear with it! I went to my sewing box, remember this one? and found some blue fabric that matched the skirt really nicely. I had originally wanted to use white, but the only plain white I had is for a quilt I'm working on, and is a little stretchy, which (I thought) wouldn't work too well here. I have had this skirt precut for a while, but wanted to finish it up, and realized it's perfect timing with the Olympics on right now, and my patriotic outfit!! 
I literally just finished the top and was so excited to see how wonderful it really looks together! Thankfully it was a sunny day so I ran outside and snapped some pictures :D

TA-DA!


Elizabeth is all ready to cheer for Team USA!!


  If you notice, the trim on the top matches the trim on the bottom :D



and with a flick of the wrist, this outfit becomes.......

this super cute jumper!! Look it was so easy to change she stayed in the same spot!

Now Elizabeth is ready for a night out!! Or...



a relaxing day by the pool!


I hope you all love this new outfit as much as I do! It was a ton of fun to make! I would love to know what you think :D

Be back soon!
~Megan~




No comments:

Post a Comment