Pages

Monday, July 30, 2012

NPM: Harry Potter Knitted Sweater

So it's Monday and that means its time for a new project! I have been working on this Harry Potter American Girl sweater project for a LONG time. It's something I started a while ago and put down, I picked it back up last week and FINALLY finished it!! The pattern is from Liberty Jane, and while I love their items (affordable, easy to read patterns, who wouldn't!), this one was a bit of a disappointment for me! I followed the pattern exactly, but was upset that everything ended up being way to big :( The worst part is that I didn't even add in the extra stitches like they suggest to make the sleeves "wider". Not to mention that they want you to add in extra colors on the neckline after you have cast off... not an easy task for any knitter! I ended up crocheting mine because it looked more even and professional. As such I have decided to write my own pattern for a snugger fitting sweater based off of what I learned with this sweater. If you would like I can share that pattern here once it has been written (it may take a while, I'm slow with my patterns sometimes!!) I am also working on a matching crochet Harry Potter style skirt like the ladies wear in the Harry Potter movies! I will post that when it's done as well :D


Anyway, here is my very first ever sweater :D
This is my lovely "Mia" doll who I got on craigslist... she is a bit of a mess, but I love her anyway :P Someone cut her braid, so I have been working on fixing her "bangs" to look flat and cute, so far it looks a million times better... thinking of posting befores and afters tomorrow!

Mia is a Gryffindor as you can tell by the red and gold details in her sweater!

Mia's wand is handmade by me, if you would like your own doll size wand (or a full size wand for yourself!) you can find them on my etsy shop here



Hope you liked the pictures :) as usual comments are welcomed!!
Until tomorrow!
~Megan~

No comments:

Post a Comment