Pages

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Bonus Project: Hank the Hamster

Ok so in a rare Tuesday post I'm going to share a project that I completed that I love. I recently lost my pet hamster Stitch and decided that in his memory my first crochet project would be a small hamster from the "super-super cute crochet" book by Brigitte Read:


the hamster was supposed to be much smaller and I sent a picture of the completed project to my boyfriend James saying that my hamster turned out too fat! (I used the wrong size hook, and added about 4 extra rows, because I was attempting to attach the two pieces incorrectly!!) Well for whatever reason James fell in love with this pudgy little hamster, he named him Hank and insisted keeping him at his house (along with the Hippo "Fred" and Owl "Owlie" that I have also made him). 
















(Aren't they just the cutest thing?!)


So when James got called into work today (side note he's a freight train conductor, it's pretty cool!! - and also a volunteer fireman and a member of the National Guard... cause he likes giving me heart attacks when he goes off to work, but I digress back to Hank) he brought Hank with him, which if you ask me is adorable :)


I am going to attempt to make a proper sized hamster next, though James swears that the chubby ones are much cuter :P I would love to know what you think of Hank I'm so excited that I finally figured out crochet, my crafting options have just exploded with possibilities!! 


See you soon
~Megan~
(and Hank)

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love Hank! Hank the Hamster sounds catchy, and I love the fact that you made him in memory of Stitch.
    Hank's adorable, and I think I got to agree with James on this one, chubby ones are always cuter ;)

    ReplyDelete