Pages

Monday, July 9, 2012

New Project Monday: The Mini Quilt

Hi everyone!
So as I mentioned on my Thursday post I have been working on a special little quilt for a wonderful young lady. She has been going through a very trying time and I wanted to make something small that she could take with her that would remind her just how much she is loved. Here are the results of that thought:

Here is the "overhead" view of the quilt. I loved this charm pack and thought that they were bright and cheerful. The heart in the middle square I made following this tutorial (please be kind... it's the first attempt! :P)
I love the fabric on the back, it is hard to tell from this picture but it is made up of flowers and small white birds. It is also ridiculously soft and snuggly which was exactly what I wanted! I made the binding from the same material and was pretty proud as this was literally my first EVER quilt that I finished (and I made my own bias tape! which was not as easy as you think!) 
 The words "You are Loved" were hand sewn by me in purple thread. The letters were based of a font I downloaded from DaFont.com which you can find here. I typed the letters and pinned them where I wanted them to go and went ahead and sewed over the outline of the letters, then ripped the paper off... maybe I'll make a tutorial and upload it if anyone is interested!






































This is the finished product on her bed with her beloved stuffed animals. I gave this to her last week and she has told me that she's slept with it every night. (It looks very tiny on her queen sized bed but it's probably around 30in x 30in. 

Hope you enjoyed my quilt! I had a blast making it and can't wait to *actually* make the quilt I have planned for my own bedroom!!

I'm hoping to post some of the products that I'm going to be selling on etsy within the week. Just working at this point on inventory :D
Thanks for reading!
~Megan~

No comments:

Post a Comment